Injectables are the fasting growing segment of plastic surgery procedures today. There are two basic types of injectables. The first type of injectable uses substances that act as fillers for wrinkles and to correct a loss of volume or shaping. An example of this type of hyaluronic acid (HA) filler is Restylane®. The second type of injectable uses substances that temporarily paralyze facial muscles and reduce the signs of wrinkles. The best known agent in this group, and the only one currently FDA-approved in the U.S., is BOTOX® Cosmetic. We have further information on how safe Botox® is here.
Injectables offer a wide variety of important benefits such as:
- Excellent results in the appropriately selected patient
- Immediate to near-immediate effect
- Minimal downtime or no downtime
- No need for surgery and major anesthesia
- Excellent safety profiles
- Combinable with other procedures and products
- Best solution for some applications
- Reversability for resorbable fillers
- Less costly than surgical alternatives
The issue of whether permanent versus long lasting resorbable fillers are more desirable is debatable, but this market will continue to expand over time and represents an exciting new opportunity for patients and their plastic surgeons. Please review the information provided about injectables by clicking on your procedure(s) of interest.
For information about injectibles in Phoenix, please contact Paul Angelchik, M.D., to schedule a complimentary initial consultation. For a limited time our practice is waiving the $95 initial consultation fee for qualified patients.