5 Things You Need to Know About Buttock Augmentation
Buttock augmentation is a popular plastic surgery in the United States. More than 14,000 procedures were performed in 2015 according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). If you’re considering buttock augmentation, there are several aspects of the procedure you should know including:
1. There are 3 Types of Butt Lifts
While buttock augmentation can also involve butt implants, our board-certified plastic surgeon prefers butt lifts due to their success and natural-looking results. Dr. Angelchik offers three options for patients who want to accentuate their buttocks:
- Butterfly Butt Lift: Tightens loose skin tissue to lift your buttocks.
- Upper Butt Lift: Removes or repositions excess fat and pulls the skin to provide contour and lift.
- Brazilian Butt Lift: Fat is removed from another area of your body through liposuction, processed and then injected into your buttocks for a voluminous shape.
2. Buttock Augmentation With Fat Grafting Offers Long-Lasting Results
Butt lifts may offer longer lasting results than buttock implants because your own fat cells are used and there’s no need for additional surgery in the future. While a portion of the fat could be absorbed, your body readily accepts the fat transfer and can give you permanent results.
3. Your Results Depend on the Plastic Surgeon You Choose
The skill and experience of your plastic surgeon will directly impact the outcome of your buttock augmentation. Make sure he or she is board-certified by the ASPS and has ample experience with the procedure.
4. Buttock Augmentation Should Be Proportionate
Dr. Angelchik will make sure the size and shape of your buttocks looks even with the rest of your body. This ensures you have a natural body shape with lifted and contoured buttocks to match your figure.
5. The Recovery Process is Vital to Your Outcome
As with all surgical procedures, the recovery process is an important factor for your results and your health. You will need to avoid lying on your back or sitting down for several weeks. The Curve Cure can help you during this time. You will also need a friend or family member to assist you at first as well as eating a healthy diet and avoiding exercise.
If you’re interested in buttock augmentation, contact our plastic surgeon in Glendale today at 602-375-8888 to schedule your consultation. Dr. Angelchik serves clients in Glendale, Phoenix, Scottsdale and surrounding areas of Arizona.