Am I a Candidate for Lip Augmentation?
PermaLip™ is a permanent, minimally invasive solution for achieving fuller lips. When determining whether lip augmentation is right for you, it’s important to consult an experienced Glendale plastic surgeon. Paul Angelchik, M.D., is one of the first Board-certified plastic surgeons in the United States to practice the PermaLip™ procedure. If you live in or around Glendale and would like to learn more about this lip augmentation option, please schedule an appointment with Dr. Angelchik by calling 602-375-8888 today.
Many lip enhancement options rely on injectable fillers that wear off over time, require additional treatments and can lead to uneven augmentation around the lips. PermaLip™ is a safe, clinically proven alternative to other lip augmentation approaches. Made from silicone and contoured to fit the unique shape of your mouth, Dr. Angelchik uses PermaLip™ to add volume and balance to lips made thin by:
- Aging, which results in diminished production of collagen (a protein that provides lips their shape and fullness)
- Sun exposure
- Tobacco use
- Permanent results: After the initial contouring, PermaLip™ will add consistent definition to your face without the need for additional treatments
- Reversible: Even though this lip augmentation procedure is permanent, it’s easy to remove the implant if you’re displeased with the results
- Minimally invasive: Placing the PermaLip™ simply requires Dr. Angelchik to apply local anesthetic to the lips, make two small incisions at the corner of the mouth and position the implant; this procedure takes approximately 30 minutes
During your initial consultation, Dr. Angelchik will conduct a full examination and review your medical records before discussing lip augmentation options with you. Like any plastic surgery procedure, it’s important to meet certain key criteria to obtain the best results. You might be an ideal lip augmentation candidate if:
- You’re in overall good health
- You don’t have issues with blood clotting
- The area around your mouth is free from scars, cold sores and other problematic skin patches
- You’re free from diseases and conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes, lupus and autoimmune disorders
- You don’t smoke
In addition to the above traits, it’s important to know what to expect after lip augmentation. Though you can usually resume your regular routine the day after receiving PermaLip™, the following side effects can occur around the lips:
All of these potential side effects are minor, and rarely last long. Dr. Angelchik will assess your lips and customize the contouring to help you achieve the oral appearance you want. If you live in or around Glendale and you think you might benefit from lip augmentation, please contact Paul Angelchik, M.D., or call 602-375-8888 today to schedule a cosmetic consultation.
Dr. Paul Angelchik is a Phoenix plastic surgeon who is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is also a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Dr. Angelchik is well-trained and experienced in all forms of plastic surgery, namely breast enhancement and facial rejuvenation. He has been serving patients for over 20 years. Dr. Angelchik brings his surgical experience, expertise, and quality care to patients in and around Phoenix, Arizona.