Breast Augmentation Options
Once you decide to have breast augmentation performed, you will need to make several other decisions about the various implant and placement options available to you. After evaluating your cosmetic goals and current condition, Dr. Angelchik will discuss these options with you and recommend the approach he feels is best. Ultimately, however, the decision will be up to you. There are two breast implant options available to patients:
- Saline implants – Filled with a salt-water solution, saline implants allow for precise control over the size and volume of your breast enhancement.
- Silicone implants – Praised for their realistic look and feel, silicone implants use a leak-resistant cohesive gel to achieve a natural aesthetic, making them an increasingly popular option among patients.
Depending on which type of implant you choose, one of the following placement options may be better suited to your situation:
- Subpectoral – Involves placing the breast implant beneath your chest muscles for additional coverage and support. Unwanted side effects such as sagging and rippling are significantly minimized with this approach.
- Subglandular – Breast implants are placed above the chest muscles, but beneath your breast tissue. This type of placement allows for a shorter recovery time.
- Dual-plane approach – A compromise between the above two placement methods. Implants are placed underneath the chest muscles in the breast’s upper pole, but above the muscles in the breast’s lower pole.
To learn more about the advantages and disadvantages of the various breast augmentation options available to you, please contact us through the website or call us (602) 551-8001 today to schedule a consultation with experienced Phoenix breast surgeon Dr. Paul Angelchik, MD. We can help you find the right cosmetic solution for your unique needs and circumstances.