What to Expect During a Breast Augmentation Procedure
In most cases, breast augmentation surgery is performed as an outpatient procedure, which does not require an overnight stay in a hospital. General anesthesia s typically used, so you feel no pain during the procedure. The surgery itself lasts from one to two hours.
Here’s a brief outline of what happens during the surgery:
• Small incisions are made, and implants are inserted either on top or behind the pectoral muscle. (Read more about the types of incisions used.)
• If your implants are saline-based, your surgeon will fill the implants at this point.
• The incisions are sealed with sutures that your body will eventually absorb.
• Once the surgery is complete, you will be monitored in a separate recovery area, staffed with qualified nurses.
• You will have surgical bandages, or a surgical bra, applied to your breasts when you wake up from the surgery.
• Your breasts will be quite sore and tender, and swelling should be expected for a week or more after surgery.
You should be able to return to work within a few days. (Read more about breast augmentation recovery time.)
Would you like to learn more? Please contact Phoenix breast augmentation surgeon Dr. Angelchik at (602) 375-8888 to schedule a consultation.
Dr. Paul Angelchik is a Phoenix plastic surgeon who is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is also a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Dr. Angelchik is well-trained and experienced in all forms of plastic surgery, namely breast enhancement and facial rejuvenation. He has been serving patients for over 20 years. Dr. Angelchik brings his surgical experience, expertise, and quality care to patients in and around Phoenix, Arizona.