Who Is a Good Candidate for Liposuction?
Get the Perfect Size & Shape with Breast Augmentation
Liposuction is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures available today. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgery, more than 300 thousand liposuction procedures are performed each year. One of the main misconceptions about liposuction is that it is a weight loss procedure. In order to be considered as a good candidate for liposuction, you must be in good overall health. Considerations Dr. Angelchik determines who is a good candidate for liposuction by performing a thorough medical examination. After both and objective and subjective exam, he can tell if liposuction is a good option. To be considered for surgery, you must,
- Be in good overall health
- Have reached your weight loss goals
- Understand what liposuction can and cannot do for your appearance
Procedure Liposuction is the removal of fat from areas where diet and exercise have proven ineffective. During the procedure, Dr. Angelchik performs the following steps.
- A large amount of fluid is injected into the treatment area to anesthetize and expand the fat cells.
- Small incisions are made and a cannula, a small vacuum tube, is inserted into the treatment area and the fat is broken up and removed.
- The incisions are usually left open and dressed and the remaining fluid is allowed to seep out.
Liposuction can be performed in conjunction with other procedures like abdominoplasty, thighplasty, neck lifts and even face-lifts in order to provide for further sculpting of the treated area. To find out who is a good candidate for liposuction, please contact the cosmetic specialists at www.doctorangelchik.com today.