How to Recover From a Brazilian Butt Lift
Get the Perfect Size & Shape with Breast Augmentation
It’s important to be prepared when recovering from any form of plastic surgery, but buttock augmentation such as the Brazilian butt lift has specific limitations to be wary of. The most vital aspect to remember after your procedure is to be careful not to sit directly on your bottom. However, there are many steps to keep in mind including:
- Bring a Buddy. You will need a friend or family member available to drive you to and from your surgery. They will need to stay with you for one to two days to make sure your recovery goes well.
- Eat a Healthy, Balanced Diet. Make sure to have your home well stocked with fresh fruit and have plenty of fluids nearby. Stay away from alcohol and smoking as these habits can hinder your healing and cause reactions with pain medications or any other medications you may be prescribed by our plastic surgeon.
- Avoid Sitting and Lying on Your Back. The Brazilian butt lift involves removing fat via liposuction from one area of your body and injecting it into your buttocks to give you a fuller look. Too much pressure on your buttocks after surgery could cause some displacement and alter the appearance of your newly improved behind. You will need to avoid sitting and lying down for at least three weeks. This can be difficult, but the Curve Cure could help.
- Refrain From Exercising. You will need to stay away from strenuous exercise for at least four weeks after your procedure. Speak with Dr. Angelchik about your exercise regimen before beginning any workout.
- Watch out for Complications. If you notice excessive bruising or swelling which lasts for several days, you should call our office to make sure you’re healing correctly. It’s also a good idea to watch out for:
- High temperature
- Bleeding or discolored drainage from incision sites
- Unpleasant odor from incision sites
These are important things to keep in mind when you schedule your Brazilian butt lift. Dr. Angelchik can go over what to expect, how to recover and much more during your initial consultation.
If you’re interested in buttock augmentation, please call Dr. Angelchik in Phoenix today at 602-375-8888 to schedule your FREE consultation. Our office provides board-certified plastic surgery to clients in Phoenix, Glendale and Scottsdale, Arizona as well as surrounding Arizona areas.