3 Reasons to Have Nose Surgery & When Not To
Nose surgery (rhinoplasty) was the second most popular plastic surgery in 2015, falling just behind breast augmentation. Our plastic surgeon can give you the nose shape and size you’ve always wanted as well as correct functional issues. Nose surgery has many aesthetic and medical benefits. However, it’s important to have the right motives when undergoing an invasive surgical procedure.
If you’re thinking of having your nose reshaped, consider these reasons to have a rhinoplasty:
- You’re unhappy with the size or shape of your nose.
- You have difficulty breathing due to a facial injury or deviated septum.
- You’ve tried alternatives such as dermal fillers and BOTOX® Cosmetic.
There are many reasons to have nose surgery, but there are certain situations where a rhinoplasty may not be your best option including:
- You have a chronic illness or pre-existing medical condition that could complicate the procedure and your results.
- You don’t have the necessary time available to recover from surgery.
- You want your nose reshaped in order to please a friend or family member.
- You’re a smoker.
Nose surgery requires you to go under general anesthesia. This could cause complications if you’re in poor health or are a heavy smoker. Additionally, you should be fully grown before having a rhinoplasty, which typically occurs around age 16 for girls and a year later for boys.
Dr. Angelchik can discuss your rhinoplasty options during your consultation at our Scottsdale office. He can answer all of your questions and address any concerns you may have.
If you’re interested in nose surgery, please contact our board-certified plastic surgeon in Scottsdale today at 602-375-8888 to schedule your consultation. Dr. Angelchik provides experienced plastic surgery to clients throughout Arizona including Scottsdale, Phoenix, Glendale, Mesa, Surprise and Peoria.