Get the Perfect Size & Shape with Breast Augmentation
Dr. Angelchik was certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) in 1996 and successfully completed a rigorous recertification process in 2006 and 2016. He participates in the Maintenance of Certification program through the ABPS. He is a member in good standing of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. He has also been named to Castle & Connolly’s Top Doctors in America every year since 1996.
The Angelchik Difference
Learn more about our philoshophy and follow the patient journey to see what
makes us different and what to expect before, during and after your procedure.
All patient consultations are conducted with Board Certified surgeon Dr. Angelchik and full medical history is discussed.
Recommendations are based on the patient's expressed interests, health history and physical examination.
Our staff offers a personalized experience for each patient with an educational and reassuring environment.
Consistenly on RealSelf, HealthGrades and Google. In Best Doctors and Castle & Connolly's Best Doctors.
Many women in the Phoenix, Gilbert, and Glendale, AZ area would like to enhance the appearance of their breasts. So, whether you’re concerned about uneven breasts, or would simply like your breasts to be bigger, our top, board-certified, Phoenix-native plastic surgeon can help build your self-confidence and give you the breast shape and size you’ve been looking for using breast augmentation surgery.
Breast augmentation surgery in the Phoenix, Gilbert, and Glendale, AZ area can enhance, reshape, or reconstruct your breasts using surgically-placed implants, and can often be performed along with other breast procedures. Disproportionate breasts can have an impact on your body image, leading you to look into plastic surgery. This is the case with many women, since breast augmentation is one of the most popular cosmetic surgery options performed from year to year. It also comes with one of the highest rates of patient satisfaction.
Some women opt for a breast lift done in conjunction with a breast augmentation in order to reverse the drooping and sagging effects that aging and pregnancy can have on the breasts. Breast cancer survivors regularly consider breast reconstruction after having a mastectomy to get rid of cancer cells.
The ideal candidate for breast augmentation is a woman who has fully-developed breasts and is in general good health. She is also:
- The proper legal age— 18 for saline implants, 22 for silicone
- In good overall health with no active infections or medical condition
- Not pregnant or planning on becoming pregnant in the near future
- Ideally a non-smoker or willing to give up smoking for a certain amount of time before and after the procedure
What Patients Are Saying
Dr. Angelchik is a very talented professional! He performed my breast augmentation and I couldn’t be happier with my results! Read More >
There are four options available to you, which depend on the type of implant used (silicone or saline) and your anatomy. It can also be affected by any additional procedures you opt for. These incisions include:
- Inframammary – This incision is made along the lower crease of the breast. Dr. Angelchik can access the breast pocket well with this incision, and it provides optimal control of breast implant placement.
- Periareolar – This incision is made along the edge of the areolae. This incision is hidden well by the darker pigmentation of the nipple.
- Transaxillary – This incision is made in the armpit to reduce scarring; this is usually done with saline implants using an endoscope
- Transumbilical augmentation (TUBA) – This incision is made in the navel where implants are placed using an endoscope
There are two types of implants available which are classified by their filling. These include saline or silicone, although both types contain a silicone shell. Learn more about the different types of implants here [link to implants page].
Your implants can be placed one of a few different ways:
- Subpectoral – The implant is placed partially or totally beneath the pectoralis major, the muscle of the chest. The advantages of this type of placement are a more natural look and feel, a smaller chance of interfering with a mammogram, and a lesser chance of the implant drooping.
- Subglandular – The implant is placed above the muscle, but still lies below the breast tissue. This allows for a larger implant, with more lift, and a shorter recovery time.
- Dual–Plane – The implant is placed partially beneath the muscle where the bottom of the implant is not covered. This type can provide additional volume and correction for patients lacking volume at the bottom of the breast (sometimes called tubular breasts).
This procedure is performed using general anesthesia. First, a predetermined incision is performed, and a pocket is made within the breast tissue. The implant is then placed according to your surgical plan. Once the implants are in place, the incisions are closed using special sutures. Then, you’ll be fitted with a special support garment, similar to an athletic bra.
Recovery is different for every woman. You may experience pain and soreness, or you may only experience discomfort as you heal. It usually takes three to five weeks to completely recover from this procedure and get back to your normal routine. You will wear a dressing and elastic bandage for about a week after your procedure, but will be up and about within a couple of days. You should avoid any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for four to six weeks after your procedure. You will be prescribed pain medication to help you with the healing process, but this should dissipate after a couple of weeks. Bruising and swelling are to be expected, but this too will disappear. Scarring will fade over time, and may only be noticeable upon close examination after a while.
The results of a breast augmentation procedure are long-term, and will continue to settle as the recovery process continues. It’s reasonable to expect your implants to last anywhere between 10 and 25 years, but there is no predetermined expiration date.
If you’re interested in breast augmentation in the Phoenix, Gilbert, and Glendale, AZ area, please contact our board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Angelchik, today at 602-375-8888 to schedule your consultation. Our office provides excellent plastic surgery to clients in the Glendale, Phoenix, Tempe, Scottsdale, Mesa, Surprise, and Peoria areas of Arizona.
If you're interested, please contact us today at 602-517-0077 to schedule your consultation. For a limited time our practice is waiving the $95 initial consultation fee for qualified patients. Our office provides excellent plastic surgery to clients in the Glendale, Phoenix, Tempe, Scottsdale, Mesa, Surprise and Peoria areas of Arizona.