Am I a Candidate for BOTOX® Cosmetic?
Get the Perfect Size & Shape with Breast Augmentation
BOTOX® Cosmetic is one of the most popular facial rejuvenation treatments today. If you live in or around Scottsdale and you’re looking for a way to reduce wrinkles and other signs of aging, Paul Angelchik, M.D., might be able to help you using BOTOX. Dr. Angelchik is an experienced plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. To learn more about BOTOX and other ways to take years off of your face, please call Paul Angelchik, M.D., today at 602-375-8888. Dr. Angelchik proudly serves patients in or around Scottsdale, Arizona.
Your face contains 43 different muscles. Though being expressive is a good thing, the continuous use of these facial muscles can cause visible signs of aging. As you get older, you might notice wrinkles on parts of the face such as:
- The forehead
- Corners of the mouth
- The neck
- Between the eyes
- The corners of the eyes (commonly known as “crow’s feet”)
BOTOX® treatment alleviates unsightly indicators of age through gentle, localized injections of a naturally occurring protein that weakens the facial muscles that cause wrinkles. Treatment can take as little as 15 minutes, and the results of BOTOX® can last for up to four months.
Though BOTOX® Cosmetic is minimally invasive, requiring significantly less preparation and recovery time than major facial plastic surgery procedures, there are still some elements that could influence the effectiveness of the treatment. Ideal BOTOX® candidates are:
- Physically healthy
- Not yet ready for more intensive plastic surgeries to treat signs of aging, such as a faceliftor brow and forehead lift
- Aware of potential side effects, such as bruising, loss of sensation, temporary localized paralysis, etc.; though minor and short-lived, these complications are possible
Dr. Angelchik will assess your face and conduct a full exam to determine whether or not you’re a candidate for BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment. Issues in the following areas might reduce the effectiveness of BOTOX®, or lead to complications:
- Skin: Extremely thick skin on the face, as well as scarring, sun damage, infection or disorder around the planned injection site
- Face: Weak facial muscles where you’d like to remove wrinkles, along with conditions like drooping eyelids (medically known as ptosis)
- Cardiovascular: High blood pressure and heart disease
- Aesthetic: Pronounced asymmetry between features on one side of the face over the other
After evaluating your health and medical history, our plastic surgeon can recommend treatment options that will preserve your well-being while helping you achieve a more youthful, rejuvenated appearance. To learn more about whether BOTOX® Cosmetic is right for you, please contact Paul Angelchik, M.D., or call 602-375-8888 today to schedule your consultation. Dr. Angelchik serves patients in Scottsdale, Arizona, and the surrounding areas.