Breast Augmentation Recovery Time
Get the Perfect Size & Shape with Breast Augmentation
Recovery from breast augmentation surgery will be different for every patient. But in general, this type of surgery requires four to six weeks for complete recovery. Here are a few other points to keep in mind:
• A majority of breast augmentation patients are able to perform light activities the day after surgery and can return to driving within four days.
• Your breast augmentation cosmetic surgeon will instruct you on when you can remove bandages, but usually that is within several days.
• You should be able to return to work within one week.
• You should refrain from strenuous activity or heavy lifting for four to six weeks after the surgery.
• Discomfort and soreness is to be expected, especially in the first and second week, and prescription pain medication can help with that. You may also be prescribed an antibiotic.
• Some bruising and swelling is also normal.
• Your breasts at first will feel firm and tender, but will soften over time.
It is important to remember that breast augmentation is, after all, a surgery, and recovery and healing will take time. It’s also key to follow all of the instructions given to you by your surgeon as directed.
If you think breast augmentation might be in your future, please contact Phoenix breast augmentation surgeon Dr. Paul Angelchik at (602) 375-8888.