Celebrate Don’t Fry Day with These Tips for Summer Skin Care
Summer is quickly approaching and for most of us that means more fun in the sun. However, all that time exposed to direct sunlight can prematurely age your skin and put you at risk for skin cancer. The National Council on Skin Cancer Prevention has declared May 26, 2017, as “Don’t Fry Day” to encourage sun safety awareness at the unofficial start of the summer season, Memorial Day weekend.
To keep your skin protected, try to follow these tips as you enjoy the great outdoors on Don’t Fry Day and throughout the summer:
- Don’t leave your skin exposed to burn or even intentionally tan.
- Seek shade as often as possible.
- Carry a parasol or wear a wide-brimmed hat to keep sun off the delicate skin of your face and chest.
- Apply sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher) generously and frequently.
- Wear protective clothing, such as long sleeved shirts, pants, and skirts to keep the sun’s harmful rays away from your skin.
Learn about your skin rejuvenation options at Paul Angelchik Plastic Surgery. Call our office today at 602-375-8888 to schedule your initial consultation. We serve patients throughout the Glendale, Phoenix, Tempe, and Scottsdale areas.
Dr. Paul Angelchik is a Phoenix plastic surgeon who is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is also a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Dr. Angelchik is well-trained and experienced in all forms of plastic surgery, namely breast enhancement and facial rejuvenation. He has been serving patients for over 20 years. Dr. Angelchik brings his surgical experience, expertise, and quality care to patients in and around Phoenix, Arizona.