Tips for Healthy Skin Month
Get the Perfect Size & Shape with Breast Augmentation
Taking care of your skin can be difficult to manage, especially in the late fall and winter months. The American Academy of Dermatology has designated November as National Healthy Skin Month and Dr. Paul Angelchik recommends the following tips to help you keep your skin healthy:
- Wear sunscreen. The sun’s rays can be damaging even in the cloudy conditions of winter. A heavy sunscreen may not be necessary, so apply a moisturizer with SPF.
- Eat a healthy diet. Keep your skin’s youthful glow by eating a diet rich in Omega 3s, whole grains, and B vitamins.
- Don’t forget your lips. Carry lip balm with SPF and apply generously in the dry winter months when lips can easily become chapped and sore.
- Keep your cool. Stress contributes to skin problems such as acne and wrinkles. Take time to relax during the hectic holidays to improve the condition of your skin.
- Moisturize. Apply moisturizer to your entire body every morning and night. Keep moisturizer near you during the day to apply to your hands.
It’s a good idea to conduct monthly skin exams, checking for suspicious or changed moles and other lesions that could become cancerous. Meeting with a skincare specialist is another important step you should take, especially if you suffer from painful or irritating skin problems.
Take care of your skin in November and all year long with treatments and advice from board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Paul Angelchik, MD. Call 602-375-8888 to schedule a personal consultation. Our practice serves patients in Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Glendale, Arizona.