Types of Tummy Tucks (Abdominoplasty)
Get the Perfect Size & Shape with Breast Augmentation
An abdominoplasty can be a valuable procedure for patients who have loose skin above the navel after pregnancy or significant weight loss. Often, over-relaxed or stretched abdominal muscles contribute to the skin’s loose appearance. This is especially common after multiple pregnancies.
During a tummy tuck, your excess skin will be removed, and the connective tissue that covers your muscle wall will be tightened to provide you with a flatter, smoother stomach area overall. There are variations of the tummy tuck procedure to address everything from minor to more severe problems, including:
- Mini-abdominoplasty – Aims to tighten only the lower abdominal wall skin.
- Modified abdominoplasty – Repairs either the muscle wall or the abdominal skin.
- Standard abdominoplasty – Tightens all of your abdominal muscles and skin.
- Extended abdominoplasty – Addresses your flanks and sides, along with the abdomen.
- Saldanha Lipoabdominoplasty – Includes liposuction of the abdominal area and less extensive undermining of your skin, creating a more sculpted look in some patients.
If you have more questions about tummy tucks, please contact us today to schedule a consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Paul Angelchik, MD. Our practice serves patients in the Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Glendale areas of Arizona.