Types of Tummy Tucks (Abdominoplasty)
An abdominoplasty can be a valuable procedure for patients who have loose skin above the navel after pregnancy or significant weight loss. Often, over-relaxed or stretched abdominal muscles contribute to the skin’s loose appearance. This is especially common after multiple pregnancies.
During a tummy tuck, your excess skin will be removed, and the connective tissue that covers your muscle wall will be tightened to provide you with a flatter, smoother stomach area overall. There are variations of the tummy tuck procedure to address everything from minor to more severe problems, including:
- Mini-abdominoplasty – Aims to tighten only the lower abdominal wall skin.
- Modified abdominoplasty – Repairs either the muscle wall or the abdominal skin.
- Standard abdominoplasty – Tightens all of your abdominal muscles and skin.
- Extended abdominoplasty – Addresses your flanks and sides, along with the abdomen.
- Saldanha Lipoabdominoplasty – Includes liposuction of the abdominal area and less extensive undermining of your skin, creating a more sculpted look in some patients.
Tummy tucks are often combined with other body contouring procedures as part of a mommy makeover.
If you have more questions about tummy tucks, please contact us today to schedule a consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Paul Angelchik, MD. Our practice serves patients in the Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Glendale areas of Arizona.
Dr. Paul Angelchik is a Phoenix plastic surgeon who is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is also a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Dr. Angelchik is well-trained and experienced in all forms of plastic surgery, namely breast enhancement and facial rejuvenation. He has been serving patients for over 20 years. Dr. Angelchik brings his surgical experience, expertise, and quality care to patients in and around Phoenix, Arizona.